Kate Moberly Psychotherapist and Counsellor

 Useful Information

In the UK there are two main organisations that regulate the counselling and psychotherapy professions. They are:

The United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapists (UKCP) (www.ukcp.org.uk)


The British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) (www.bacp.co.uk)

They both have online registers of all accredited Psychotherapists and Counsellors so that you can find the most suitable person for you.I am accredited and registered with the UKCP.

Some counselling is available free on the NHS, you can contact your GP to enquire about this.

There are also a number of voluntary organisations who provide low cost or free counselling, usually with a trainee therapist. These are listed on the UKCP website (www.ukcp.org.uk)